Tuesday, June 3, 2008

new position at work

I recently had an interview for the building materials department at my work and today I just found out that I got the position, I make the transfer in a little less than two weeks. I'm really excited about it because one of the things that I hated about my job the most was the fact that I never had to use my brain. Doing cashier work, it's the same thing day after day and even when you get something a little out of the ordinary than you can still do that without thinking because it happens a lot too, that or it's a simple thing. But I think that the change will help out a lot in how much I enjoy my job. And another good thing about it is that I won't have to deal with Janet anymore, she's one of the 'head cashier's', and she really love's to shove that fact in your face a lot. Unless she likes you, than you are set for life. I also think it will be kind of fun to drive the forklift and other machinery like that around. I get along pretty well with everyone that is in that department, so far, so that's good too, and I should also get two Sundays off a month instead of just one which I'm also excited about. Anyway, I hope that it works out well.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Congrats Mary! Anything is better than a cashier, right?

Papa & Meme's Excellent Adventure said...

Congratulations Mary!! That is exciting.

Ray and Mickie said...

Congrats Mary! But, how do I run into you now if I am at Lowe's with Ray and the kids, and I want to see you? I guess maybe I will have to act like I am building something, and run into to you that way... Love ya!

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

Congrats! Maybe we will see you more often at dinner.

Dixon's said...

We just found your blog on Mandee's blog. Congrats on the job. I hope everything is going well for the two of you.