Saturday, February 26, 2011

Scrat

This is Mom's new hair color. We dyed it in January it is a lighter reddish brown color. You can't tell to much in this picture but it looks cute.
So I think it's about time I tell everyone about the new addition to our little family. He is a chinchilla and he was my birthday present a year ago. He is very adorable and smart. He is a cross between a squirel and a kangaroo rat. We decided to name him Scrat after the squirel on Ice Age. He has a little bark that he does when he's scared and he has a whine that he does when he wants attention. We trained him to give us a kiss on the nose which is a gentle bite, lol. He is adorable and we love him.
Brody is doing well in school. He only has one semester left before he will graduate in December with a bachelors in Psychology and Political Science. He will than go on to grad school but they don't offer the political psychology degree here so we will be moving somewhere else. Probably to Washington. He wants to maybe take a break for a year and teach school while he studies for the GRE and we save up for grad school. I will be excited to move out of Logan and hopefully go somewhere warm but we don't know for sure where or if we will be going somewhere for the year in between. It depends upon where he can get a job, me I will just be able to transfer as long as there is a Golden Corral in the new place.
I enjoy my new job. We have quite a few regulars that come in and it is nice getting to know them. 90% of the guests I help are nice and friendly whereas at Olive Garden they seemed to be more snooty. The managers and associates are also nice. So as long as I can make the money I need I will enjoy working there and probably stay there for a while. It is amazing how much more I value a good job like this now that I have survived a crappy job.
Mevina is coming up on the 14th and 15th to visit me for her spring break so I am really excited to see her and than mom will be coming up on the 25th and 26th to celebrate my birthday. Mom is going to try and bring Grandma and Marie and Kenny with her which would be awesome. I can't wait to see them. I am glad that Felicia lives in Draper now. It is nice having family closer. We got together a couple of times since she moved up so that is nice.
Anyway, I will try to update more often. Hope all is well for you. Love you all.

No comments: